The government is providing additional funding to schools to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. This funding is to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport in schools.
We will receive a total of £8225 for the year 2015 -2016.
We intend to utilise this money in the following way:
- Buying into the Premium service level agreement with Gateshead Council.
- Providing opportunities for all children to participate in a local sports festival.
- Developing a program of out of school activities to encourage all children to take part.
- Setting up regular intra-school competition for the pupils.
- Employing regular dance specialist teachers to deliver quality dance sessions to all pupils throughout the year.
- Employing specialist coaches in sports that the children have asked for in our school survey.
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release teachers and teaching assistants for professional development in PE and sport.
- Enabling us to maintain our Sainsbury's School Games Gold award status.
The impact of this provision will be monitored throughout the year by the Headteacher and PE co-ordinator. Details of the work that is going on in school can be found in the detailed action plans and reports below.