It is important that families know what to do when a pupil or someone in the household shows symptoms of COVID-19.
1 Symptoms of COVID-19
The 3 main symptoms are :
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- A loss of taste or smell
2 What should I do if my child or someone in the household displays symptoms of COVID-19?
- Don't send your child to school (phone school to say your child is showing symptoms)
- Keep your child at home and arrange for a COVID-19 test by phoning 119 or visiting nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Positive test result for your child means they must stay off school for 10 days but if negative they can return when they feel better.
- A positive test result for a member of the household means that the whole household must self isolate for 14 days from when the symptoms started.
3 How school responds if a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Highfield Primary.
- If a member of staff or pupil tests positive we will follow the most up to date guidance from the Department of Education alongside our Local Public Health team.
- Our classes are all in class bubbles. If a member of any bubble tests positive then that bubble will need to self isolate but the rest of the school will stay open.