We must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
For the academic year 2018/19 we will receive 17,120
We intend to utilise this money in the following way:
- Buying into the Premium service level agreement with Gateshead Council.
- Providing opportunities for all children to participate in a local sports festival.
- Developing a program of out of school activities to encourage all children to take part.
- Setting up regular intra-school competition for the pupils.
- Employing regular dance specialist teachers to deliver quality dance sessions to all pupils throughout the year.
- Employing specialist coaches in sports that the children have asked for in our school survey.
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release teachers and teaching assistants for professional development in PE and sport.
- Enabling us to maintain our School Games Gold award status with a view to moving towards Platinum status.
- Working closely alongside Newcastle United Foundation to offer specialist teaching and coaching in school. For more details of this work please click this link: https://nufoundation.org.uk/
The impact of this provision will be monitored throughout the year by the Headteacher and PE co-ordinator. Details of the work that is going on in school can be found in the detailed action plans and reports below.